Terms and Conditions
LatinLaws Terms and Conditions of Use
Updated as of July 5, 2011
YOUR USE OF THE LATINLAWS WEB SITE CONSTITUTES YOUR AGREEMENT TO BE BOUND BY THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE:
The LatinLaws Web site, including all of its features and content (the “Web Site”) is a service made available by Latin Laws LLC, a Florida corporation (“Provider”) and all content and information included in or provided on or through this Web Site, including, without limitation, any governmental law, rule, statute, regulation, ordinance, permit, order or any related materials or information, in addition to any and all content and information provided through third party links or Web sites (“Content”) may be used solely under the terms and conditions set forth below, as amended from time to time (“Conditions of Use”). Any user of this Web Site shall be referred to as “you” “yours” and “yourself.”
1. Limited License. As a user of this Web Site you are granted a nonexclusive, nontransferable, revocable, limited license to access and use this Web Site and Content in accordance with these Conditions of Use. The Provider shall be free to terminate this license at any time and for any reason.
2. No Legal Advice. The Content of this Web Site is not intended to and does not constitute legal advice and no attorney-client relationship is formed by your use of this Web Site, nor is anything submitted to this Web Site treated as confidential. Due to the evolving nature of governmental laws, rules, statutes, regulations, ordinances, permits or any other related materials related to them or to the Content of the countries included in this Web Site, it is not possible to warrant or guarantee the accuracy, completeness, adequacy or currency of the Content of this Web Site. Although we try to maintain the Content current and link only to trusted sources, the Content of this Web Site may not be current. Please note that the Content of this Web Site is provided only for informational purposes. Your use of the Content on this Web Site or materials linked from this Web Site is at your own risk and absolute responsibility.
3. Limitations on Use.The Content on this Web Site is for your personal use only and not for commercial exploitation. This Web Site may, however, provide access to electronic commerce, and buying opportunities may be made available to you so long as you are an authorized purchaser. You may not decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, rent, lease, loan, sell, sublicense, or create derivative works from this Web Site or its Content. Further, you may not use any network monitoring or discovery software to determine the site architecture, or extract information about usage, individual identities or users. You may not use any robot, spider, other automatic software or device, or manual process to monitor or copy this Web Site or the Content without the Provider’s prior written permission. You may not copy, modify, reproduce, republish, distribute, display, or transmit for commercial, non-profit or public purposes all or any portion of this Web Site, except to the extent permitted above. You may not use or otherwise export or re-export this Web Site or any portion thereof, or the Content in violation of the export control laws and regulations of the United States of America or of any other applicable jurisdiction. Any unauthorized use of this Web Site or its Content is prohibited. The Legal Forum on the Web Site is intended to be a resource for users of the Web Site to exchange ideas and information relevant to the Content of the Site. The Legal Forum shall not be used for any other use, including but not limited to advertising or third party commercial use, to post explicit or offensive material or for any other inappropriate or other use not relevant to the subject matter of the site. LatinLaws reserves the right to remove and/or block any users that violate these Terms & Conditions.
4. Copyright Infringement. Provider reserves the right to remove any Content that allegedly infringes another person's copyright. Provider is free to terminate, at its discretion, registered users of Provider who may infringe on another person’s copyright. Notices to Provider regarding any alleged copyright infringement should be directed to LatinLaws’ General Counsel at email@example.com.
5. Intellectual Property Rights. Except as expressly provided in these Conditions of Use, nothing herein stated shall be construed as conferring any license or right, by implication, estoppel or otherwise, under copyright or other intellectual property rights. You agree that the Content and Web Site are protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks or other proprietary rights and laws. For further information, please see Section 4 of these Terms and Conditions of Use on Copyrights and information regarding the LatinLaws Copyrights.
6. Linking to LatinLaws. You may provide links only to the homepage of this Web Site, provided (a) you do not remove or obscure, by framing or otherwise, any portion of the homepage, including its conditions of use, the copyright section, or other sections or notices on this Web Site, (b) you give Provider notice of such link by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and (c) you discontinue providing links to this Web Site if requested by Provider. If you wish to provide links to a country or other sub-section within this Web Site, you should first forward your request to Provider at email@example.com and Provider will notify you if permission is granted, and if so the terms and conditions of the permission.
7. Third Party Content. Third party content may appear on this Web Site and will be accessible via links from this Web Site. Provider shall not be responsible for and assumes no liability for any infringement, mistakes, misstatements of law, inaccuracies, slander, libel, defamation, omissions, falsehood, obscenity, pornography or profanity in the materials, statements, opinions, representations or any other form of content contained in any third party content appearing on this Web Site. The information and opinions in any third party content is neither endorsed by nor does it reflect the belief of Provider.
8. License of Your Content to Provider. If you upload content or submit any materials which Provider approves for use on this Web Site, you grant (or warrant that the owner of such rights has expressly granted) Provider a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and license, with right to sublicense, to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, publicly perform, publicly display, digitally display and digitally perform, translate, create derivative works from and distribute such materials or incorporate such materials into any form, medium, or technology now known or later developed throughout the universe. By uploading such materials and/or content, you agree that you shall have no recourse against Provider for any alleged or actual infringement or misappropriation of any proprietary right with respect thereto, and you agree that such upload does not give you any rights, in any jurisdiction, over this Web Site or concerning the Provider, as further provided in Section 5 herein. You agree that the content or material you upload and/or submit is sent voluntarily and is completely free from any type of compensation on the part of the Provider. Thereby, Provider shall not, nor shall its representatives, owners, shareholders, employees, and/or the administrators of this Web Site, be liable to provide any form of compensation. As mentioned in Section 2 of these Terms and Conditions of Use, the information or material s that you upload or submit will not be considered legal advice towards either the Provider or towards the users of this Web Site, and Provider does not make any form of representation or guarantee relating to the correctness and/or accuracy of the content included in such materials.
9. Advertisement. This Web Site contains advertising, including in the form of banners and other ads. Advertisers have the responsibility of ensuring that material submitted for inclusion on this Web Site is accurate and complies with applicable law. Provider will not be responsible for the illegality of or any error or inaccuracy in the advertisers’ materials or for the acts or omissions of any such advertisers.
11. Errors and Omissions. Provider does not represent or warrant that this Web Site or its Content, or that of Third Party Web sites will be error-free, free of viruses or other harmful components, or that defects will be corrected or that it will always be accessible. Provider does not warrant or represent that the Content available on or through this Web Site will be correct, accurate, timely, or otherwise reliable. Provider is free to make improvements and/or changes to its Content, features, or functionality at any time, without any notice to its users.
12. Ethics Notice for Attorneys. If you are an attorney participating in any aspect of this Web Site, including without limitation, any blogs, message boards, chat rooms, the LatinLaws online community, or e-mail exchanges, you acknowledge that the Rules of Professional Conduct of the jurisdictions where you are licensed (the “Rules”) apply to all aspects of your participation and that you will abide by those Rules. Those Rules include, but are not limited to, the rules relating to advertising, solicitation of clients, unauthorized practice of law, and misrepresentations of fact. Provider shall not be in any way liable for or in connection with your compliance with those Rules. You further agree and acknowledge that when you participate in any exchange of information related to this Web Site, including but not limited to e-mail exchanges, message boards, the LatinLaws online community or chat rooms, that you will not offer legal advice, but will only provide general information about the area of law being discussed, if any.
13. DISCLAIMER. THIS WEB SITE AND THE CONTENT ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS, AS AVAILABLE" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, PROVIDER EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED OR EXPRESS WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. PROVIDER DISCLAIMS ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY LOSS, INJURY, CLAIM, LIABILITY, OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND RESULTING FROM, ARISING OUT OF OR ANY WAY RELATED TO (A) ANY ERRORS IN OR OMISSIONS FROM THIS WEB SITE AND THE CONTENT, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO TECHNICAL INACCURACIES AND TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS, (B) ANY THIRD PARTY WEB SITES OR CONTENT THEREIN DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY ACCESSED THROUGH LINKS IN THIS WEB SITE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY ERRORS IN OR OMISSIONS THEREFROM, (C) THE UNAVAILABILITY OF THIS WEB SITE, THE CONTENT, OR ANY PORTION THEREOF, (D) YOUR USE OF THIS WEB SITE OR THE CONTENT, (E) YOUR USE OF ANY EQUIPMENT OR SOFTWARE IN CONNECTION WITH THIS WEB SITE OR THE CONTENT, OR (F) ANY VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENT THAT MAY RESULT OR AFFECT ANY USER FROM THE USE OF WEB SITE, THIRD PARTY WEB SITES OR THEIR RESPECTIVE SERVERS. THE USER AGREES TO ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR OR CORRECTION SUCH USER REQUIRES RESULTING FROM ANY OF THE FOREGOING, AS APPLICABLE.
PROVIDER MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES REGARDING (1) THE CURRENCY, CORRECTNESS, COMPLETENESS, RELIABILITY, SUITABILITY, AVAILABLITY, OR OPERATION OF THE WEB SITE, THIRD PARTY WEB SITES OR ANY OF THEIR MATERIALS, INFORMATION, PRODUCTS OR SERVICES; (2) YOUR USE OF THE WEB SITE, MATERIALS, PRODUCTS OR SERVICES; OR (3) ANY THIRD–PARTY PRODUCTS AND SERVICES YOU MAY OBTAIN OR ANY THIRD-PARTY WEB SITE YOU MAY ACCESS THROUGH THIS WEB SITE.
14. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. IN NO EVENT WILL PROVIDER, ITS SUPPLIERS, OR LICENSORS, THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, AND AFFILIATES AND EACH OF THEM BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE USE OF, DELAY IN BEING ABLE TO USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, THIS WEB SITE OR THE CONTENT IT PROVIDES, OR ANY OTHER HYPERLINKED WEB SITE OR ANY THIRD–PARTY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES AVAILABLE ON OR VIA THIS WEB SITE ON ANY LEGAL BASIS, EVEN IF PROVIDER HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, AND TO THE EXTENT THE FOREGOING LIMITATION IS NOT ALLOWED OR FAILED ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE, THE SOLE OBLIGATION OF PROVIDER SHALL BE LIMITED TO $5.00 PER USER.
15. Indemnification. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Provider, its suppliers and licensors, their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, and affiliates, and each of them from any third-party claim, liability, loss, damage, cost, or expense (including without limitation reasonable attorney’s fees) arising out of or related to your use of the Web Site, the Content or any products or services provided by the Web Site; any third-party materials, products or services; your failure to comply with these Conditions of Use; your infringement, violation, or misappropriation of any third-party rights or any applicable law or regulation.
16. Third Party Rights. The provisions of paragraphs 13 (Disclaimer), 14 (Limitation of Liability), and 15 (Indemnification) are for the benefit of Provider and its officers, directors, employees, agents, licensors, suppliers, and any third party information providers to the Web Site. Each of these individuals or entities shall have the right to assert and enforce those provisions directly against you on its own behalf.
17. Governing Law and Jurisdiction. The Conditions of Use are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Florida, and the applicable federal laws of the U.S., without giving effect to its principles of conflicts of laws or choice of legal principles that would permit or require the application of the laws of any other jurisdiction.
18. Violations. Provider reserves the right to seek all remedies available at law and in equity for violations of these Conditions of Use, including but not limited to the right to block access from a particular Internet address to this Web Site and any other Provider Web sites and their features. Nothing contained in these Conditions of Use shall derogate Provider’s right to comply with law enforcement requests or requirements relating to your use of this Web Site or information provided to or gathered by Provider with respect to such use.
21. Modifications to Conditions of Use. Provider reserves the right to change these Conditions of Use at any time, and you agree that you shall be bound by these Terms and Conditions of Use, as amended. Updated versions of the Conditions of Use will appear on this Web Site and are effective immediately. Please regularly review the Conditions of Use of this Web Site. Your continued use of this Web Site after any such changes have been made constitutes your consent and acceptance of any such changes.
LatinLaws LLC (“www.LatinLaws.com”, “www.BibliotecaLegal.com”, “we”, “us” or “our”, as the context may require) believes that the establishment of trust and privacy is instrumental to the continued growth of the Internet. We also believe the efficient collection, use and transfer of personal data serves to enhance the development of the Internet and electronic commerce, provided that such personal data is handled in a fair and responsible manner.
Since our Registered Users and Participants may come from many different countries and jurisdictions, we also undertake to meet, and where possible exceed, internationally recognized standards of personal data privacy protection, in complying with the requirements of applicable laws. As used herein, “you” or “your”, as the context requires, refers to the individual Registered User or Participant registering, accessing, using or browsing on or through the Web Site or in connection with the Services, or otherwise contributing personal data to us in connection with the Web Site or the Services.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
We collect personal data (which may include, without limitation, your name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, demographic data, Registered User identification “name”) from Registered Users and, as may be applicable, other Participants. We may collect such personal data from Registered Users as part of the registration process for Registered Users, or when you submit questions or other correspondence to us through the Web Site, or otherwise in connection with your use of the Web Site or the Services. We may also collect personal data from you through the Web Site by using clicktrails or other methods of monitoring Web usage.
To support the Services we provide at no cost to our Registered Users and other Participants, as well as provide a more relevant and useful experience for our Registered Users, we serve our own ads and also allow third party advertisements on the site. These advertisements are targeted and served to Registered Users and other Participants, by both LatinLaws and other companies, including third party ad servers, ad agencies, ad technology vendors and research firms.
Online Community Members:
LatinLaws Registered Users have the option to become part of the LatinLaws Online Community. Being part of the LatinLaws online community (the “Online Community”) means you may share information about yourself with other professionals and may communicate with them, in addition to carrying out your own research on the site. By default, your account is set up to share the information that we have found the vast majority of our Users are interested in sharing. But the amount and type of information you decide to share, and with whom you share it, is up to you. The objective behind the Online Community is to allow Registered Users to reach out to and meet their peers in other jurisdictions, just like other online community websites allow you to do. It is up to the Registered User to decide how to share his own information and who he would like to add to his network.
We collect information:
· When you become a Registered User;
· When you become a member of the Online Community;
· When you add to your Online Community profile with further information about yourself or your private contacts, join or post to any groups we may have on the site, and engage in any Online Community member-to-member communication.
USE, DISCLOSURE AND TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA
Any personal information you submit on the Web Site is kept in accordance with generally accepted industry standards, though transmissions to and from this Web Site may be read or intercepted by third parties. We do not review or control the content of any sites that are linked to the Web Site and shall not be held responsible or liable for any third party site.
We will keep all personal data disclosed to us confidential, but may use and disclose the personal data that we collect for a number of purposes, including:
(i) maintaining and administering the Web Site and the Services;
(ii) to provide the Services and any future services we may develop and for our current and future purposes;
(iii) following up on comments and other messages that Registered Users or Participants submit to us through the Web Site or in connection with the Services;
(iv) compiling aggregate statistics of the use of the Web Site, the Services, or any portion thereof, including without limitation in connection with monitoring efficiencies and performance characteristics of the Web Site or Services, and performing such other analyses as we deem appropriate;
(v) for marketing purposes and for promotional efforts by ourselves or by third parties acting on our behalf; and
(vi) liaising and communicating with government departments or agencies.
You also acknowledge that we may transfer or disclose your personal data to other persons or entities internationally (i.e. that are located outside your home jurisdiction) in connection with the aforementioned purposes.
CORRECTING, UPDATING AND REMOVING PERSONAL DATA
Pursuant to and in accordance with the provisions of applicable laws and regulations, if you are a Registered User, you may have the right to access, modify, correct and eliminate the data you supplied to LatinLaws. If you update any of your information, we may keep a copy of the information that you originally provided to us in our archives for uses documented in this policy. You may request deletion of your information at any time by contacting LatinLaws at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your request within 30 days.
DATA SECURITY AND INTEGRITY
We use industry-standard encryption technologies when transferring and receiving user data exchanged with our Web Site. In addition, we have put in place certain technological and procedural security functions in order to protect the personal data that we collect, use or transfer from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction. When your personal data is no longer required for the purpose(s) for which we collected it, as set forth herein, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to remove or delete such personal data from our records or storage media. However, we cannot guarantee that any loss, misuse, alteration, destruction or retention of personal data will never occur, and we make no representations or warranties to such effect.
THIRD PARTY WEB SITES AND SERVICE PROVIDERS
Copyrights and Trademarks
Copyright and Trademarks
March 28, 2011.
Copyright; Permitted Uses; Restrictions on Use.
The content of the LatinLaws Web Site are protected by copyright law.
Copyright © 2005 Latin Laws LLC. All rights reserved.
LatinLaws™ and Biblioteca Legal™ are trademarks of Latin Laws LLC.
The words, names, symbols, sounds, colors and design of the LatinLaws design mark and of the LatinLaws Web Site are also trademarks property of Latin Laws LLC. Nothing contained on this site should be construed as granting any license or right to use any Trademark displayed on this site without the express written permission of Latin Laws LLC.
Latin Laws LLC
Once you place your order you will receive an email confirmation with your order number. When your order ships, as applicable, you will receive an email confirmation of the order tracking number.
Your purchases from third-party sellers using LatinLaws.com payments are charged at the time you place your order. After you have clicked “Checkout" , your order begins to process and you cannot make any online changes to your order. Please note that most orders process quickly and can enter the shipping process (or will be downloadable, as applicable) within minutes. Therefore, we cannot cancel an order once it has already been placed.
LatinLaws, LLC does not maintain an inventory of products for sale at the LatinLaws Online Store, and therefore we do not handle the shipping of any of the items advertised on our Online Store. Some items will be available for online download immediately after they are purchased. For all other products that require shipping, to the extent they are advertised on our site, they are supplied and shipped by third party providers. We use dropshippers that are wholesale suppliers of third party products who will send the products that you purchase on the Online Store directly to you from their warehouses. The dropshippers pack and ship the products for you. Your purchases from those third party sellers using the www.LatinLaws.com Online Store are billed, and payments are charged, at the time you place your order. These third-party sellers have their own shipping policies, which you will be bound by and which we strongly encourage you to review before placing an order on our site. LatinLaws, LLC is not liable for the shipping or returns of those products.
LatinLaws, LLC does not maintain an inventory of products for sale at the LatinLaws Online Store, and therefore we do not handle the shipping of any of the items advertised on our Online Store. Some items will be available for online download immediately after they are purchased. Given that you will have acquired the item once downloaded, these items cannot be returned. For all other products that require shipping, to the extent they are advertised on our site, they are supplied and shipped by third party providers. We use dropshippers that are wholesale suppliers of third party products who will send the products that you purchase on the Online Store directly to you from their warehouses. The dropshippers pack and ship the products for you. Your purchases from third-party sellers using the www.LatinLaws.com Online Store are billed, and payments are charged, at the time you place your order. These third-party sellers have their own shipping and return policies which you will be bound by, and which we strongly encourage you to review before placing an order. LatinLaws, LLC is not liable for the shipping or returns of those products.